Show Down Memory Lane

7.6.09

Our Exodus (Part I)

After 3 weekends of massive cleaning, we've finally begun our exodus into the new place. Well, at least I have. Irwin's gradually catching onto the idea of moving as well after seeing it all cleaned up... and being livable!

I started with organizing our kitchen last weekend. After all, the way to a man's heart is through his tummy ;) I figured the espresso machine, ice + water in the fridge and microwave would keep him happy... for now. HEE HEE! Then I started moving my whole molehill of books and weird treasures (like my POLLY POCKETS!). I found MORE weird treasures while packing up my stuff... one of it being my HELLY KITTY FACE CD holders!!!!!!!!

Treasure Box 1: BOOKS!

Treasure Box 2: CD's & DVD's. I just realized I might potentially have more DVD's than some of the peddlars you'd find around town!

Treasure Box 3: MY BAGSSSSSSS

Irwin and I have this mini "challenge" going -- Whoever who moves in more stuff first gets his/her first pick of drawers/shelf space/favorite spots/etc. Of course, whoever who moves in more stuff, gets more space too!!! keke!!! (Its just my secret ploy of making him move now, instead of 2 days before the wedding when we'll also have a gazillion other things to do) ... And its working!!! :D

Here is how our book shelves look like side-by-side. It took me one whole NIGHT to pack my books and another whole WEEKEND to unpack and arrange them -- It only took Irwin 30 minutes to PACK + UNPACK + ARRANGE his ... *heh. No wonder men are from Mars; and women from Venus. They are just SO different.

Vanessa: Baby?!?!?!? Why you never sort your books in order and arrange them properly wan?
Irwin: HUHHHH?????? Arrange dee wattttt... See... Here all business books... and more business books.... and oh, there also business books....
Vanessa: *hmmmm* Why all tall, short, tall, shot, tall, short and not arranged properly?
Irwin: ................

1 comment:

Jaime said...

lol...cute. Very cute!